Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A networking site for geocachers and attendees of the fourth annual CacheaPalooza geocaching event in Hobe Sound, Florida.

HomeHome  Cacheapalooza.comCacheapalooza.com  CP4 CommunityCP4 Community  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question from a newbie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gregg 00SS

Geo Points : 52848
Geo-Reputation : 14

Question from a newbie Empty
PostSubject: Question from a newbie   Question from a newbie EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:02 am

Fairly new to the caching thing and this will be my first event.

Coincidentally, the past week or so I've been thinking of making a trip to JD to grab the caches within it. Yesterday, I made a bookmark list of all the caches in JD and have a total of 56 listed. I read the advertisement for this event today and it states there are over 200 caches within the park. Am I missing something? As the event gets closer will more caches be placed in the park simply for the event and then be taken down afterwards??

It's not a big deal, just curious where the 200 number comes from when currently there are only a 1/4 of that number listed.
Back to top Go down
foottrax
Admin
foottrax

Geo Points : 57813
Geo-Reputation : 315

Geo-Character sheet
Geo Kachers:

PostSubject: Re: Question from a newbie   Question from a newbie EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Every year we put out +200 caches. You just caught it when we start taking down caches so we can have new caches for this years Cacheapalooza. If you wait after Dec. 5th, you will have +200 new caches to seach for. Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kachers.com
Gregg 00SS

Geo Points : 52848
Geo-Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: Question from a newbie   Question from a newbie EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks for the clarification. I may head down there next week and hit what is presently there. I'll have to see about taking a few days off work to attend the event, if not, will certainly make another run down there shortly afterwards to hit the new ones.
Back to top Go down
Maxwell10
Admin
Maxwell10

Geo Points : 59335
Geo-Reputation : 737

Geo-Character sheet
Geo Kachers: Maxwell10

PostSubject: Re: Question from a newbie   Question from a newbie EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 9:29 pm

Hi Gregg - make sure you run a fresh query right before you head out because additional caches will probably be taken down this week and certainly over next weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question from a newbie   Question from a newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Question from a newbie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the NEW CP4 Forum :: Geocaching Topics-
Jump to: